Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Launch Baby Launch!

Sigh..... What's going on with our 20 somethings?  I can tell you so many of them are not leaving home, or boomeranging back home!  I have a kid who bounces from Dad's to Mom's and back and forth.  It's terribly frustrating and must be stopped. True to form I got the email last night "May I move back in with you?"   The answer was "HELL NO!!!"

Don't get me wrong, I love my son dearly, but he's very lazy and will mooch off of who ever lets him. He's full of excuses, but no solutions.  This has been going on for over 6 years, back and forth since he was 19.   He has had some really good jobs, lived with his GF for a while, has had several apartments, but never stays put!  He gets bored and quits his job, sleeps all day and gets very lazy, then scratches his head and calls us all psycho angry people!   Really?
Name one person who would put up with a lazy 25 year old man sleeping all day, and eating you out of house and home, and leaving messes everywhere?   I'm sure I'm not the only angry psycho who will go medieval on your ass for doing that to me.  I put up with it all last summer and I'm done.  Surprisingly I'm not the only one, I have several friends who are at their wits end with grown up kids.

My message is a very simple one:  If you're a parent of a 20, 30, or good Hell even 40 something kid who won't leave home.... kick their sorry ass out already!  You are not doing them any favors what-so-ever!
If they work, go to school and contribute to the betterment of the family, then by all means keep them as long as you're getting a benefit from the living arrangement.  If not get rid of them!  NOW!

If you are the 20, 30, or older living at home sucking up your parent's retirement, and savings:
 "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"  Get a job, become a member of society, and get a place to live, it isn't a picnic for your parents, and I'm sure as soon as you leave they'll be jumping for JOY!
Shame on you for adding to your parents stress level, and aging them beyond belief!  Get a job NOW! 
 YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR PARENTS CRAZY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment