Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Different Strokes for Different Folks

Living in my little single bubble I forget how it is to be married (duh).  Until something happens and jolts me back to some women's reality.

Recently a few of us gals (I'm being vague to protect this gal's identity) wanted to go in on a gift for someone, an expensive gift and the amount was over $100 each split 5 ways.   As usual I sent out emails to all the gals ( our preferred method of communicating) for them not for me, but I sent out an email letting everyone know that so-and-so, has been there through life events, bearing gifts and support, and now it's his turn.  He recently purchased a home, and was in need of some kitchen appliances.  I thought it would be cool to go in on a new refrigerator as a housewarming gift.  If we chipped in $100 per person we could buy him one.

So married gal had to get "permission" from hubby, not only that, she basically diverted me to said hubby in order to ask him directly, as in her words  " everything that has to do with hubby's family, must be filtered through the hubby"  as in her words " he doesn't like my family, so I make him deal with his"  apparently a bit of a "tit for tat" going on here.

When I was married to a control freak, he hated my family as well as his, so rather than me being a "tit for tat" gal, I just did all of it. I was the go to person on both sides of the family, and I didn't mind.  I was mature enough to recognize that I was the woman, and women general conduct the social business in most families so therefore took up my societal role.  I don't understand some people's logic, or communication styles, but I do know when I'm being ignored and through my endless persistence well, we got her to contribute!

People keep forgetting I'm a professional sales person, and I don't give up easily, if you don't want to contribute just say " no " and I'll write you off as a cheap ass hole!  But, never ignore a sales person, you won't get any rest until you come up with an answer!  ha-ha!

(on a side note, they make plenty of money, so it's not a financial issue, but an I'm a stingy cheap ass religious person issue) 

These petty issues, make me grateful for the way I was raised, to share, and help out my fellow man.... I'd rather donate to a worthy cause, then give 10% of all my earnings to a religious organization so they can build overpriced Temples, and fancy pants shopping malls, and buy more businesses!  


No comments:

Post a Comment