Monday, October 6, 2014

Recycle, Re-purpose, Re-use


Here are two exquisite 
pieces I found, fixed, and hung on the wall.
The print in the picture was a thrift store find I ended up with. The frame was ugly, so I tried painting it, and when I put it all back together, the glass broke! So the new frame is a heavier one I scored at a tag sale for just $5. It is wood, and didn't have a print inside, just matting and an ugly stain color that matches nothing in my house!   With a little Annie Sloan chalk paint and sand paper, I painted, distressed, and sealed it with a wax sealer.  I just love how it turned out!   The roman numeral clock was a bargain find at ROSS.   Only $1.99 on clearance! What a deal! Both look great on my wall above the TV table.

I'm all for re-purposing discarded stuff whether it be on clearance, or at a tag sale, or in the garbage can! So when guests comment on my decor, there is a story to tell....."Oh this is what I found at a tag sale"..... or "I found this chair on the side of the road.. now look at it!" Yup, I love it. Anyone can purchase furniture and home decor and pay the 300% store mark up for it, and watch their money disappear before their eyes, for me I like the thrill of the hunt, the creative process, seeing how I can transform something into a one-of-a-kind piece! 

Pinterest is a huge part of this, it's opened up many creative ideas inside my  head, and is a fabulous source of inspiration. I just love the way my home is turning out, and it's beauty on a budget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment