Friday, November 15, 2013

Be Authentic!

     I have opinions, on just about everything, as does everyone, and I usually keep quiet as to avoid offending people, because I'm usually a live-and-let-live type of human being.  The one thing I feel strongly about is being your authentic self.  Don't be a damn copy cat!
     I'm so proud of a gal I'm acquainted with for not running out and getting a boob job because some of the other gals have fake ones...she opted for a nice RV pad and sprucing up her back yard instead.  Kudos to you J, for being authentic!  She'll get more enjoyment out of her new backyard and owning an RV, than large fake knockers always getting in the way of stuff!

     Don't get me wrong, I used to be a "Copy Cat" in college and my early 20's, so I know what I'm talking about.  I used to try to "be" other people only because I didn't know who I was.  Once I found myself, and learned about me, learned to love myself only then did I stop "Copy Catting" others.

     I'd never get a boob job even if every single women on the planet had one, and they were giving them out for FREE!  I'd also never inject my face with Botox, or tat up my pretty skin.  I did spend money on my teeth, by getting braces in my early 40's as I wanted a killer smile, and I do color my hair just because I'm not fond of the colors silver and gray.  I don't spend hundreds of dollars at the salon each year, I use a natural non-toxic foam hair color product that costs me about $3-$5 with coupon from the drug store, and do it myself.  I stock on on shampoo when it's on sale, and use high dollar coupons, so most of my hair products are under $1.   I get it trimmed up at a place that charges me about $14 + tip, and I get a lot of complements on my hair. I do use tanning creams in the winter, as skin, teeth and hair are important features of mine, and I like to accentuate the positive, but that's about it. I used to fool around with fake nails too, but that stuff is carcinogenic and I'd hate to die of cancer just because I wanted a french manicure with fake nails!
     I experiment with  eye makeup, and will try just about any color, or style, I don't stick to just one look. I paint my nails with what ever color nail polish I can get for free with a coupon.  I don't copy anyone, I look at myself in the mirror and do the best with what I have.

    I grew up in the 70's watching Charlies Angels, they were fierce, smart, fabulous, and flat chested!  I digress to that era, and that show in particular because each one of them were authentic characters, no copy cats, they all had their own identity, and character, yet all beautiful.   Can you imagine these women with big coconuts jetting out of their chest chasing down criminals??  No way!  Keepin' it real people!



No comments:

Post a Comment