Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Off the wagon

I lost 20 pounds over the summer and thanks to going back to standard time, and Halloween parties I'm up today by 5 pounds!  FREAK! Time to get very, very serious folks!  I'm not going to beat myself up, but simply stay the course beginning right now.
Over the summer I maintained our community pool every morning.  I'd go down there each morning and sweep the decks, vacuum the entire pool, and re-arrange the patio furniture and so forth.  Then I'd have to walk down the sidewalk and check the water samples 3 times per day.  There were a lot of twisting valves, I'd become a contortionist leaning over the pumps, and filters turning the valves on and off, and really working up a sweat for an hour a day!  I called the valve turning my "Yoga Class" for the day.

 Now that it's fall, dark and cold, I've been getting lazy, eating more sugar than I did over the summer, and less fruits and veggies.  I've been in the kitchen cooking up Paula Dean's chicken pot pie recipes, and other fall favorites..... DAMN IT!  ENOUGH!

I belong to the Spark People website I'll post the link below. It's the best free site for fitness and weight loss, you can track your calories, learn about different exercises, read motivational stories, and track and graph your progress. I'm going to utilize this tool all winter long, as well as hit the gym for my daily sweat-a-thon and get rid of the 5 LBS I packed on in just a week plus all the rest of it too!

GOD*Speed!

www.sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment