Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stepford Employees?

I work for a nonsensical place where the management is trying their best to turn us all into Stepford Employees!  Yes that's right, I said it... that's the way it seems at least.  If you point out any issues what-so-ever to the management, they'll either ignore you, or tell you not to say anything.  They call it negativity, and they FROWN upon this big time!
     I call it being realistic.  I'm not a positive Pollyanna but I work for one, so that begs the question:  How does a realist work with a cockeyed optimist and not get canned???  Well, I've worked there for 5 years, and the cockeyed optimist has been here for 3 of the 5, and I haven't gotten fired yet!  
     The reason I'm writing about this is because:
 1. There has to be more of these bosses out there than just mine
 2. We were recently threatened/told/warned not to email any negativity to our peers, because they CAN read our email!
I get negativity, and about people complaining about stuff we can't control.  I know it spreads like wild fire, and is a poison to a company.  But.... when there are issues, billing, system, website, customers legitimate complaints, and you bring this to the attention of the managers and nobody gives one IOTA that's an issue for me.  Ignoring problems and "staying positive" doesn't make the problems go away, you just frustrate the employees who have to deal with it on a daily basis, and they eventually quit!
   You can't force people to love their jobs, and be a positive Pollyanna all the damn time, you may think you can, but nobody controls what's up in your brain.
I'll never become a "Stepford Employee" and I'm not a BROWN-NOSIER!  I'm a realist, and if I see a problem again, I'll just shut the F@ck up!  After all I'm not the boss, and don't get the big bucks, and that's what their paying me to do..so I'll just turn my brain off before signing in!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment